Okay, perhaps my title is a little premature, but to me, this is summer. (Perhaps it was my years living in Syracuse, NY… but any sunny day over 80 equals summer).
Ellie and I attended a themed picnic, yesterday.
Locals, we went to Savage Park and it was fabulous!
- Easy and close parking to picnic tables and play area
- Plenty of shade
- Nearby bathrooms and trash cans
- Walking/biking path
- Very few people there (at least on a May Tuesday)
- No goose scat (our usual park has been bad lately
The theme of the potluck was “holidays.” Each person picked a holiday and brought a dish to represent it (at least that’s what was supposed to happen). Didn’t quite work out that way, but it was a whole lot of fun, none the less.)
Can you guess which holiday we went for?
Yeah, I guess it was a little obvious. What can I say, any excuse to don my girl in some blue, right?
When we got home I filled up the kiddie pool and we continued our enjoyment of the “summer” weather.
This video is actually from Sunday, but is still cute:
Glad the weather is looking good for the weekend so we can have some friends over for a BBQ. We’ve got most of the shopping done, but there’s a few more things I’ve got to get accomplished:
- Clean off the coat of pollen on everything
- Shop-vac up the herd of stink bugs that have taken over
- Set up an infant swing for Ellie (handed down to us by our neighbors)
- Make a signature drink
- Bake some dessert
Can’t wait to keep the good times rolling. How are you enjoying the weather?