I can see where couponing can become addicting. Lucky for my husband, we don’t have a place to hoard provisions (but, not so lucky if the zombie apocalypse starts any time soon). Ahh!
I spent a couple hours this weekend…
- 1) Checking out the grocery circular.
- 2) Adding the items we need to my shopping list.
- 3) Checking the coupon databases for coupons for listed items and printing off a couple Kashi coupons from Recyclebank.
- 4) Re-writing my list with items grouped by location so that I can be done quickly.
Today, I head to the store with list in hand. The majority of items are either whole wheat, organic, produce, or brands I’ve always loved. So, you CAN still eat healthy and get good brands while couponing.
Lesson Learned: You may need to break out your order into different transactions.
I was supposed to get $5 off my next order for buying 5 Kashi items and also for buying $20 worth of Hebrew National items. I wanted both deals, but only one printed out. Customer service hooked me up this time, but next time, I know to break up my order.
- $133 of great items
- Paid $87
- Earned $14 worth of “off your next order”
We might not be ready for zombies, but we are ready for the week. Happy Monday!