Happy Earth Day!
I feel like it’s New Years all over again, as I’m finding myself making all sort of resolutions for Earth Day:
- Get our new bike trailer set up so I can take Ellie further without driving. We used our REI 20% coupon and dividends to pick one up. Our town is set up with tons of bike paths so we can avoid the roads on our trips to the library, farmers market, grocery shopping, play dates at the park. (This will also help me in my Iron Girl Triathlon training.)
- Become a little more adventurous and start using our cloth diapers for more nites and trips away (probably not my upcoming trip to CA, though).
- Try my hand at some un-paper towels and napkins, like my friend Danielle. Between the babe and the pups, we go through SO MANY paper towels it’s beyond ridiculous.
- Men cover your eyes… Forgo disposable pads and go back “on the rag”. Tons of cute ones can actually be found on ETSY, but I’m going to make my own. (I warned you, menfolk!)
- Get the clotheslines set up outside and in our porch for all this nice weather. They are sitting and waiting to be installed.
- Start composting more kitchen scraps to add to our bin outside. Most of the time we just put in yard waste and ignore the thing.
- Plant one or two vegetables to try my hand at growing my own organic food out back. What should I try first?
- Continue to get things used.
- Continue to give/sell our things instead of throwing away. Just freecycled things to three people last week.
- Start my ETSY shop to upcycle items. (Secret projects in the works.)
Any of these things sound like something you’d like to do? What ideas do you have?