I have no idea why I just tried to make that sound all football like. The only things I know about football came from watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix. Good show, FYI.
Any-who… Guess who has two thumbs and lost her first 20 pounds since January… THIS GIRL!
Once we get closer to the July wedding, I’m going to have some alterations done to the dress.
- Take it in a little, as I
hope towill continue to lose more weight.
- Make it tea-length all the way around instead of shorter in front and long in the back.
- Use the fabric removed from the back to make straps. My “girls” need some help.
- Have cups put in so I don’t have to wear a bra. Score!
Not sure what these alterations will run me…
I wouldn’t mind losing another 20lb before the Iron Girl Triathlon in August and 20lb more between that and the new year. We’ll see how that goes.
What’s been the secret?
I seriously think it’s just the change in lifestyle and lots of drinking water instead of other choices.
- takes my food,
- slows me down to the point I get full before eating as much as I used to,
- or grosses me out to the point of losing my appetite.
And, we’ve been doing LOTS of stroller walks to keep busy. I haven’t even been making it to the gym as much as I’ve wanted. Bad, Kate! I really need to get better about that to be ready for the triathlon. Poo.
The Maryland Outdoor Club is starting up the Tuesday night bike rides again. Rob and I used to sign up together, but we’ve decided that we would start taking turns going.
Cycle class just isn’t the same as riding a real bike (I suck at shifting effectively), so this will be good for me. I’ll keep you updated.
What are you currently doing for your health (or wardrobe)?